FAQ For Licenses, Frequently Asked Questions of Water Treatment Plant - Acuapuro   

FAQS - For Licenses

Overview of the most FAQ For Licenses – Frequently Asked Questions regarding the of Water Treatment Plants, Bottle Filling & Mapping Machines, Pet Blow Molding Machines, Labeling Machines, and Shrink wrapping Machines and Etc to Acuapuro Water Equipment India.

Types of licenses/approvals are required in INDIA

The following licenses/ approvals are to be obtained for setting up a packaged drinking water plant in India:

  • Small scale industries registration
  • ISI certification from the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
  • Pollution control certificate (Optional)
  • Water test report from an authorized laboratory of raw water
  • Pest control certification
  • Certificates from chemist, microbiologist
  • Medical certificates for workers
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from Gram Panchayat, if applicable
  • Registration of trademark
  • Documents related to ownership of land/lease of land for setting up the plant Memorandum of association of companies/partnership deed, if applicable.
  • Electrical load sanction (Electricity Bill)
  • Sanction layout plan

Obtain all the necessary documents and licenses

The most notable aspect of starting any business is to prove that it is legal in every dimension. And for the same, you are required to obtain certain mandatory licenses so that you can continue your work smoothly and without any legal complications. Apart from legal terms, acquiring licenses has also proved to attract customers and gain their faith in the brand.

Therefore, before you begin the operation, procure all the permits essential for starting the business such as:

Company/ business incorporation

First of all, you need to decide what kind of business entity you wish to run. You can choose from the options given below:

  • Private limited company;
  • Public limited company;
  • Limited liability partnership (LLP);
  • Partnership firm;
  • One person company; and
  • Sole proprietorship.

Once you have decided what business entity you would like to proceed with, we advise you to register your company as per the suitable business entity. Suppose, if you have chosen to operate as a private limited company, then as per the provisions of Companies Act, 2013, you need to register your company with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCAs). In this case, you intend to start your business as an LLP, and then incorporate it under the provisions of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.

FSSAI license

Every food manufacturer, distributor, importer and exporter, retailer, wholesaler, etc. is required to obtain a food or FSSAI license mandatorily. One can procure the license from the food department of the particular region or FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India). Now, since you’re setting up a water plant, you fall into the category of a manufacturer. Hence, the FSSAI license is one of the prerequisites for starting a water plant in India. In cases, you run the business without a food license; you shall be liable for punishment as well as hefty penalties.

Small Scale Industry (SSI) Registration

SSI registration is basically for industries that are running on a small scale. Therefore, in order to avail several benefits of certain government subsidies, you should surely apply for SSI registration. However, an SSI license is not mandatory to obtain; it is always advisable.

BIS registration certificate

BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) is a governing body that is concerned with the quality inspection of the items or products manufactured in India. The organization is established at an international level and issues the BIS registration certificate to the applicant once it is contented with the inspection and quality check of the product. Hence, if you are running a water plant, it is mandatory to apply for a license from BIS.

Test reports of raw and processed water

After you have obtained BIS certification, you are also supposed to generate a report on raw and processed water from BIS. For the same, you can visit the LWTL (Local Water Testing Laboratory) and get your water tested.

Pollution control certificate

Irrespective of where you are operating your business, you require a pollution control certification from the concerned state or local government body. This is to ensure that your business anyhow doesn’t pollute or harm the environment. Therefore, again before you begin, obtain the pollution control certification from the Pollution Control Board (PCB) of your state or area.

Trademark registration

Although trademark registration is not mandatory, it is always recommended to get your trademark registered. Why? It is the reason that trademark registration protects the identity of the business. Nobody can ever use the same name as your business in the same or similar business class without your approval. If you find somebody stealing your business identity, you hold the full authority to sue that person. Hence, we advise you to get the trademark registration under the appropriate trademark class, as soon as you start your business.

Apart from the above license, you will also require to obtain a few licenses as follows:

  • Microbiologist – Degree and Medical Certificate;
  • Chemist – Degree and Medical Certificate;
  • Medical certificate for workers-4;
  • NOC (No-Objection Certificate) from Gram Panchayat, if required.

Ask Your Questions

For more information about Water Treatment Plants & Machinery contact us on +91-9737344555 or mail us at info@acuapuro.com. We will provide the Turnkey Solution for the Packaged Drinking Water Plant.

    Our Service Department Number For All Location

    No.1 Water Treatment Plant & Mineral Water Machine Manufacturer In Ahmedabad, Gujarat